|Operations Maintenance Worker (up to 30) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
October 27, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U097 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to thirty temporary full-time Operations Maintenance Workers (from approx. January 25, 2021 to December 24, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations department. Reporting to the Manager, Parks Operations, in this unionized position you will perform a variety of manual work requiring physical effort and agility in the operations of semi-skilled and unskilled construction/maintenance tasks.
• Operate and maintain a variety of large industrial gas and/or electrical tools and heavy equipment such as tractors with attachments, self-propelled grass mowers and concrete mixers
• Operate a dump, flat, panel or service truck of between 5,100 and 24,000 pounds GVW
• Maintain and repair parks and cemeteries within the Township which includes turf management, irrigation systems, horticulture, arboriculture, conservation areas, trails, hard surfaces, playgrounds, spray parks and park structures
• Assist in the construction and maintenance of wooden and concrete structures, and assist with the supervision of a small group of workers performing unskilled and semi-skilled manual work while ensuring safe work practices
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by training courses and considerable related experience in construction and/or maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment, initiative and have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination perform heavy, semi-skilled manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment applicable to several functional areas of Parks construction and maintenance work
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a criminal record check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence or a Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Class 5 BC Driver’s License with Heavy Trailer Endorsement (Code 20) is preferred
• Pesticide Applicators Certificate – Landscape General
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are eight (8) hours per day; 40 hours per week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 27, 2020
External closing date for this competition: October 27, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 19, 2020 08:30 AM
||October 27, 2020 04:30 PM