|Manager, Bylaw Services
|*Should you be interested in learning more about this leadership opportunity, please contact Carol Robinson at Harbour West Consulting at 604-998-4032 or forward your resumé, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for three references, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 20, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services, the Manager, Bylaw Services leads the overall operations of the Bylaw Services Division (the Division), including oversight of Bylaw Community Enforcement, the Surrey Animal Resource Centre, Business Licensing and Bylaw Administration. The Manager, Bylaw Services is accountable for building effective programs/initiatives and constructive community relationships, in support of Council directions, key municipal objectives, Surrey citizens’ needs, and community best practices, to ensure Surrey achieves its vision of a thriving, green, inclusive city.
||• Contribute to the City’s goal of best serving its residents, businesses, staff, and other stakeholders into the future
• Demonstrate commitment to City values through strategic planning and implementation of Bylaw services
• Anticipate, identify, and manage emerging issues and challenges, help identify solutions that are flexible and responsive to evolving and changing needs, implement solutions and monitor results
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders including Council, staff, the development community, community groups and the public
• Work collaboratively with Surrey law enforcement agencies, including Surrey RCMP and the future Surrey Police Service
• Lead and engage the Division, ensuring effective teamwork, organizational performance, and continuous learning and innovation
• Oversee human resources and labour relations matters, including hiring, promotion, discipline, layoff, termination, performance appraisal, and training and development
• Develop and administer policies, plans and strategies for the effective, efficient operation of the Division
• Develop, monitor, and optimize the Division’s annual operating budget
• Ensure excellent customer service standards
• Ensure compliance with a diverse range of applicable legislation
• Develop reports for and present to elected and appointed officials and other key stakeholders, including Council and Committees of Council
||The ideal candidate will have a degree or diploma from a recognized university with a minimum of 10 years’ experience of related work experience preferably, in the Bylaw services field. The role requires excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills with a high degree of judgement and political acumen. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
• Alignment with the City of Surrey’s Values of Community, Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Teamwork
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, including City officials, members of Council, staff, and management
• Comprehensive knowledge of pertinent legislation and City bylaws and policies
• A background in enforcement within a government setting
• Ability to lead people and teams effectively, preferably in a unionized environment
• Experience managing budgets, analyzing expenditures and contracts
• Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with tact, impartiality, fairness and use of sound judgment
• Ability to influence others to modify their position to achieve mutual satisfying and beneficial outcomes
• Comfortable in situations that may involve conflict, with the ability to see the bigger picture
||Should you be interested in learning more about this leadership opportunity, please contact Carol Robinson at Harbour West Consulting at 604-998-4032 or forward your resumé, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for three references, in confidence, to email@example.com.
||October 19, 2020 08:30 AM
||November 20, 2020 04:30 PM