|Property Agent 1 - Land Acquisitions
||City of Surrey
||3577 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering - Realty
||The Property Agent is a blend of office and field work pertaining to the full and partial acquisition of real property including licenses (tenure). This includes, negotiation (communication skills & training), review of civil engineering drawings, appraisal reports and the preparation of contracts, A basic knowledge of the expropriation act is expected.
||You will lend your in-depth knowledge of the principles and process associated with negotiation communications, acquisition, appraising, civil engineering and law related to the acquisition of interests in land for City of Surrey Capital Projects with a dedicated team of professionals.
• Using your customer relationship, problem solving and interpersonal skills you will negotiate the acquisition of interests in land with property owners and/or representatives.
• You prescribe to highest ethical and professional standards pledging to conduct yourself in a manner that is not detrimental to the public nor the reputation of the City of Surrey. You are someone who sees the “Big Picture” and is strategic in aligning business practices to the overall direction of the organization.
• You feel comfortable in identifying problems, dedicated to seeking solutions and are an exceptional team player
||• Completion of a two (2) year diploma in a related profession or discipline (e.g. from International Right of Way Association, or UBC Urban Land Economics); OR
• Enrolled & progressing in a program as listed above.
• A minimum of three (3) years current related experience to land acquisition. Land acquisition for a public agency related to capital projects would be considered a strong asset.
• An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
• Be eligible for membership in the International Right of Way Association, the Appraisal Institute of Canada, or the Real Estate Institute of BC
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Progression to accomplishing the SR/WA designation is a significant asset.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers.
||October 19, 2020 08:30 AM
||November 23, 2020 04:30 PM