||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
November 1, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Corporate Administration Department seeks a customer service oriented and team focused individual to provide meeting support services to Committees of Council including meeting preparation, minute taking, follow-up distribution and technical support to host electronic meetings. This position is also responsible for performing research and analysis tasks; website maintenance; and records management duties. The nature of this position requires a flexible work schedule that includes some extended hours and evenings to accommodate various committee meetings. This temporary full time opportunity is expected to end February 25, 2022.
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related administrative training, preferably Microsoft Office Suite courses and the Local Government Certificate; plus sound related experience performing committee, clerical, research and analytical functions; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Considerable knowledge of the committee functions and the rules of procedures used in meetings;
• Comprehensive skills in taking meeting minutes and advising in regard to meeting procedures;
• Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and current office administration practices;
• Sound knowledge of local government and pertinent legislation including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of BC; Community Charter, Local Government Act; and bylaws
• Excellent written, communications and proofreading skills with an ability to organize, compile, and maintain complex and extensive records and prepare corporate reports, correspondence and other written materials;
• Ability to develop, execute, control and monitor projects as assigned;
• Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential and sensitive information;
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with elected officials and work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organization using discretion, good judgment and tact in difficult and sensitive situations;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
• Ability to prioritize workloads, to work independently with minimal guidelines and supervision, and to perform tasks under periodic work pressure, with the highest degree of accuracy and efficiency;
• Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office with strong word processing and typing skills and the ability to use and create templates, spreadsheets and mail merges.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered for this Exempt position with benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, please submit a cover letter and resume by the application deadline.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||October 21, 2020 08:30 AM
||November 1, 2020 04:30 PM