|*Please apply to job 3580 directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
||3580 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Surrey Fire Service maintains one of the largest Regional Fire Dispatch Centres in British Columbia, servicing Surrey residents and 40 other jurisdictions across British Columbia.
We are looking for candidates who can provide a positive emergency communication experience to our customers and all of the agencies we work with.
As part of a team you will be working a variety of shifts that include working day and night shifts of up to 12 hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. You will have open availability for short-term callouts and be available on statutory holidays and at peak times.
||Radio Operators are responsible for receiving and transmitting all fire related emergency, rescue, and medical communications as well as after-hours Public Works for Surrey and its clients, and Bylaws for the City of Surrey.
Our ideal candidates are able to:
• React quickly, logically, efficiently, and calmly to all emergency situations with professionalism and tact.
• Apply critical thinking and sound judgement to help make decisions quickly and accurately.
• Use sound multi tasking and detail-oriented skills while operating a variety of communication equipment.
• Use strong customer service skills to obtain complete and accurate information.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Communicate effectively both orally and while using window-based computer programs.
• Operate at a dispatch workstation (standing or sitting) for extended shifts.
||• Grade 12 Diploma
• Related training and experience
• Prior experience in a related dispatch field (Emergency Services) is an asset
• A minimum of 40 wpm typing speed
• Strong communication skills with a command of the English language
• Due to servicing diverse communities, fluency in other language(s) would be considered an asset.
||• This is a part time position, with no guarantee of hours, working anywhere from 0 to 48 hours per week.
• Short listed candidates may be asked to complete the following in the recruitment process:
o Typing and CritiCall testing
o Psychometric Analysis
• For more information regarding this position please refer to the Surrey Fire Services – Communication website at: http://www.surrey.ca/city-services/4600.aspx
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||November 4, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 1, 2020 04:30 PM