|Senior Network Infrastructure Analyst (up to 2)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 26, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U101 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two regular full-time Senior Network Infrastructure Analysts to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division; Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Network and Security, in this unionized position you will be responsible for identifying and proposing opportunities to maximize secure and effective use of corporate network infrastructure systems and assessing business requirements for client departments.
• Act as project leader regarding the acquisition and implementation of approved IT infrastructure systems
• Evaluate available network, server, storage, voice infrastructure systems and prepare recommendations
• Evaluate user requirements for systems as directed, identify and recommend hardware, software and related services
• Research, recommend and prepare reports, guidelines and procedures for computer security
• Plan, assign, supervise and review the work of a small group of technical subordinates engaged in maintaining server, voice/data network systems, and security solutions
• Establish relationships with users, suppliers and other applicable internal and external contacts, and keep informed of developments in information technology hardware, software, and cyber-security related matters
The general responsibilities for both positions are similar with some additional responsibilities (as detailed below).
• Considerable knowledge and hands on working experience, with one or more of the technologies used at the Township of Langley, including Azure Cloud (Azure AD, O365, Intune, Teams, MFA, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) Microsoft (ADFS, PKI, Exchange, SCCM, Ivanti / Shavlik, SCOM, Active Directory)
• Certifications in one or more of the following is desirable: Fundamental/Associate/Expert Certifications in Azure and/or Microsoft 365, CISSP
• Considerable knowledge and hands on working experience, with one or more of the technologies used at the Township of Langley, Storage (NetApp), Back Up (CommVault ,Veam) Splunk, F5 (Big IP, GTM, ASM), VMWare (ESX, vCenter, Orchestrator, SRM) Tenable/Nessus, VoIP (Mitel), MDM (AirWatch), Avigilon (ACC, ACM).
• Certifications in one or more of the following is desirable: NetApp CTA/CDA, VMWare VCA/VCP, Splunk SECA/SESCA, CISSP, CCNA Voice.
• Two-year diploma from an institute of technology in systems and programming, plus considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Excellent problem definition and resolution skills, sound knowledge of the methods and principles used in training users in the use of hardware and software applications, and a good working knowledge of programming and systems analysis techniques as related to the work
• Good customer service skills balanced with the application of best practices and organizational policies
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $43.90 - $51.87 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 16, 2020
External closing date for this competition: November 26, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 5, 2020 08:30 AM
||November 26, 2020 04:30 PM