|Court Liaison/Reader - Regular Fulll-Time
||Township of Langley
||20-U105 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Court Liaison/Reader to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division; Records Department. Reporting to the Records Coordinator, in this unionized position you will be performing specialized work of a technical legal nature, ensuring the accuracy of prosecution reports, the processes through Crown Counsel and the criminal justice system.
• Liaise with internal and external contacts including Federal and Provincial Crown Counsel, the Federal Justice and Attorney General Departments, Court Registry, other court related agencies and police detachments on matters related to the criminal case management process
• Read and assess prosecution reports and occurrence files for clarity, completeness and evidentiary compliance
• Monitor report deadlines to ensure completion and approve/forward reports to Crown Counsel within applicable time frames
• Provide direction to members in the proper usage and completion of forms for case documentation and inform internal contacts of pertinent case law and policy directives
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12, as well as considerable related experience in a police environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of law enforcement practices of the R.C.M.P. and of the departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the work as well as thorough knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada and applicable Federal and Provincial statutes and Municipal bylaw
• Ability to read and assess reports and occurrence files for clarity and completeness and provide direction to internal contacts regarding proper documentation, pertinent case law interpretation and policy directives
• RCMP reliability status is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $37.18 – $43.90 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, eight (8) consecutive hours between the hours of 6:30am – 5:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 24, 2020
External closing date for this competition: November 30, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 16, 2020 08:30 AM
||November 30, 2020 04:30 PM