|Communications Coordinator - Social Media
||City of Surrey
||3591 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey is looking for a creative colleague who can bring a fresh perspective on digital communication and experience with digital advertising to the City of Surrey. As part of the Web & New Media Team, the Communications Coordinator - Social Media will execute on digital communications campaigns, with a particular focus on leveraging digital advertising, as the City works to increase public awareness and participation in City initiatives.
We are looking for a teammate who’s excited to develop their career while working alongside a team who could spend their entire coffee break talking about A/B tests and the impact of a word choice or image on a conversion.
About You as the Successful Candidate:
With your increasing knowledge of digital communication practices, you can inspire and educate others on ways to market or communicate their services and programs. You can also use insights to drive your recommendations, and able to explain these recommendations to a client, whether they are familiar with social media or whether they’ve never personally had a social media account. Additionally, you can adapt and prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and appreciate that data combines with multiple factors for any campaign success.
||The main tasks in this role include:
• Coordinating, writing, and maintaining communications content for the City’s digital channels, primarily on social media but also possibly web, social media, and e-mail newsletters.
• Planning, curating, and executing on social media campaigns (both organic and paid) for a wide range of programs and initiatives.
• Planning and execution of digital ads on social media and Google.
• Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the effectiveness of digital communication campaigns and adjusting budgets and/or content as needed.
• Providing guidance and assistance to internal staff, both within and outside the Marketing & Communications Division, on leveraging digital communications.
• Working collaboratively on communications projects with various team members, including subject matter experts, content strategists, graphic designers, content writers, videographers, and other team members.
||You should be familiar with content in all forms and know how to reach people in the right way - whether it’s on Facebook, Twitter, web content, or in print.
You also meet these minimum requirements:
• A diploma in Communications or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• A minimum of 3 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Considerable knowledge of social media channels and a familiarity with communication principles specific to each medium.
• A valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record is also required.
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) and the management of publication of web content to websites and mobile devices is a plus (a bigger plus if you’re familiar with Drupal 8).
If you love working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment where no day is like the last and where there are great opportunities for growth, we’re excited to hear from you.
||November 16, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 4, 2020 04:30 PM