|Airport Maintenance Worker (up to 2) - Auxili
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
December 7, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-B019 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Airport Operations (Langley Regional Airport)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two auxiliary Airport Maintenance Workers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Airport Operations (Langley Regional Airport). Reporting to the Airport Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for performing a variety of airside maintenance and fueling duties.
• Complete daily airport inspections under the guidance of Airport Management to ensure that a high level of customer service, safety and security is maintained
• Perform Jet A fueling with a 6000L truck for turboprop aircraft and helicopters of various sizes using radio transmissions and process credit card payments
• Accompany contractors and others airside while maintaining communications with the Tower
• Monitor radio frequencies and phone for instructions, fuel calls and/or take action on requests and concerns as required.
• Perform daily/weekly Jet A and Avgas 100 LL system daily quality assurance inspections, testing and general maintenance
• Perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and gardening tasks, operate a variety of light equipment to maintain safe runways, taxiways and other airside and groundside surfaces and other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by training related to the work plus some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in airport operations and of Transport Canada regulations, standards and directives related to airport safety, operations, maintenance, emergency response and Township of Langley policies
• Sound knowledge of the Transport Canada regulations, standards procedures tools and equipment applicable to the work
• Sound knowledge of airport functions and the rules governing the work, radio communication with Air Traffic Control
• Knowledge of the materials, methods, tools and equipment used in fueling airplane and helicopters and the ability to operate equipment, including a 3800 kg GVW fuel truck
• Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with airport and municipal staff, NAV Canada, regulatory agencies, airport tenants, contractors and the public
• Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral/written instructions with minimum supervision and to prepare/maintain records related to the work
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Restricted Radio Operating Licence (Aviation)
• Current WHMIS Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 per hour (2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are varied from Monday to Sunday between the hours of 6:00am – 10:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Closing date for this competition: December 7, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 23, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 7, 2020 04:30 PM