|Development Manager (Realty Development)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 15, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3605 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering - Realty
||Reporting to the Manager, Realty Services, the Development Manager, is responsible for the advancement and development of the City's real estate assets, the acquisition of new development parcels and the divesting of completed projects.
||The Development Manager is responsible for:
• Managing projects through the development lifecycle from acquisition through application, public consultation, design, development feasibility, approvals, construction, and divestment.
• Working with key City staff and external consultants to advance existing opportunities and pursuing new development prospects. This includes the acquisition of new development parcels and the divesting or managing the retention of completed projects.
• Identifying and establishing external partners for development opportunities.
• Preparing and responding to Request for Proposals, Request of Expressions of Interest, Partnering Agreements and Memorandum’s of Understanding
• Preparing project reports on existing projects and on new development opportunities including project proformas.
• Appearing before and advising, and potentially becoming a member of, various City and external Committees, Boards and groups.
• Providing oversight and leadership to a unionized Development team employee.
||The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum 5 years related experience in land development or project management.
• A relevant post-secondary degree such as a Bachelor of Commerce, Urban Land Economics or an acceptable related discipline from a recognized educational institution.
• Applicable professional accreditation (AACI, P.App, RI, or PMP)
• Experience managing a team, preferably in a unionized workforce.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to achieve positive outcomes and build relationships.
• The ability to anticipate, identify and manage emerging issues and challenges, help identify solutions, implement solutions and monitor results.
• An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
||Competitive with a comprehensive benefit package.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3605.
||December 1, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 15, 2020 04:30 PM