|Labourer (up to 25) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
December 11, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U117 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to twenty-five temporary full-time Labourers (from approx. January 25, 2021 to approx. December 24, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Parks Operations in this unionized position you will perform a variety of manual work requiring physical effort and agility in the operations of semi-skilled and unskilled construction/maintenance tasks. A successful candidate must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
• Perform a variety of semi-skilled tasks in maintenance and construction of parks
• Perform maintenance and construction on sportsfields, landscaping, trails, playgrounds, urban forestry, passive areas, park furniture, sports facilities, fences and cemeteries.
• Drive a pick-up truck to transport materials and tools to job sites
• Perform other related work, as required
• Completion of Grade 10 and some experience in park construction and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in general park construction and maintenance work
• Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and simple written instructions
• Skill in the use of a variety of tools used in general maintenance and construction work
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a Position of Trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $29.13 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are eight (8) hours per day; 40 hours per week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: December 11, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||December 3, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 11, 2020 04:30 PM