|Project Engineer – Drainage/Lowland Floodplain Management
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 22, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3609 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are seeking a Project Engineer to provide technical and administrative assistance to the Drainage Section of the Utilities Division. In this key role, you will get to work with a talented team of multi-disciplinary professionals. This is a great opportunity to assist in the management of one of the largest storm water systems in British Columbia. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and growth, we encourage you to keep reading.
||Drawing on your knowledge you will play a lead role in developing and implementing the City of Surrey’s Nicomekl & Serpentine Integrated Watershed Study – Strategic Plan for Lowlands Flood Control.
• You will ensure dyking and conveyance systems function meets ADRSA criteria and the City’s long-term needs including climate change and sea level rise effects.
• You are a team player that works well in collaboration with customers, stakeholders, and other staff.
• You are a big picture thinker who is able to align engineering activities to the strategic direction of the department and City.
• You are someone who is able to handle multiple projects at once while performing a variety of other technical and project management assignments for the Engineering Department.
• You will use your experience to provide guidance and leadership to other engineering staff.
||Applicants under consideration will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline of Engineering
• P.Eng. designation; or eligible for registration with APEGBC
• A minimum of 5 year's experience in the field of civil engineering, preferably in a Municipal environment.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
• Experience with Floodplain management and agriculture
• Self directed needing minimal supervision
• Direct experience and expertise on Climate Change Strategies.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3609.
||December 8, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 22, 2020 04:30 PM