|Trades Improver 1 EOCP – Water Distribution Operator 1 – Water Operations
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 31, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3616 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Are you looking for a job opportunity that has tremendous opportunity for growth and will make a direct impact in the
community? The Engineering Department is looking for Water Distribution Operator 1’s to join their team! Reporting to the
Water Operations Manager, the Water Distribution Operator 1 (Trades Improver 1 EOCP) positions involve manual and
skilled tasks involving considerable physical effort in performing a variety of civil and utility construction and operations
and maintenance related to water systems.
||• Installs water mains, services and connections.
• Assembles pipes together ensuring that tees, bends, crosses, valves and services or related fittings are properly
• Installs water services using open trench, trench-less methods or a combination of both.
• Operates (open/close/flush/repair) water valves on water mains and on water services and appurtenances.
• Maintains records, log books and activity sheets, as required.
• Works with map books and construction drawings.
• Inspects and maintains fire hydrants.
• Evaluates water quality.
• Cleans and secures work area by shoveling and sweeping.
• Deals with various chemicals relating to water systems.
• Assists crew members in performing their duties.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
||• Completion of Grade 12.
• Water Distribution 1 course.
• Experience and training in Engineering Operations maintenance and construction.
• Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy.
• EOCP Level 1 Water Distribution certification in good standing.
• The successful applicant must have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3616.
||December 10, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 31, 2020 04:30 PM