|Senior Database Analyst (Database Analyst 3)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 12, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||3610 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are currently hiring for Senior Database Analyst who will play a critical role in maintain the integrity of highly complex databases for a wide variety of Oracle and MS SQL based applications across the organization. Working under the general direction of the IT Operations Manager, the Senior Database Analyst will design, create, and maintain critical databases, as well as, lead projects, advise manager and users on new technologies and methods to improve the efficiency of the City of Surrey’s database
||• Implement, integrate, and support relational and multidimensional databases including all aspects of the database environment, such as database and dictionary maintenance, software installation, tuning and performance monitoring, organization, protection, security, scheduling, documentation, backup and recovery, capacity analysis, disaster recovery, monitoring standards and procedures and integration of systems through database design.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of databases, creation of data models for the organization including entity relationship diagrams, identification and creation of application- specific user views of the data, along with logical access to the various data elements.
• Define and implement data standards as well as data-naming conventions for corporate data.
• As a subject matter expert within a highly skilled team environment, the Senior DBA will provide information and recommendations to resolve issues; minimize business impact and provide recommendations to enhance operations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
||To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will have:
• Completed a degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution and a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
• Extensive experience (10+ years) as a DBA and experience in a senior-level role is considered a strong asset.
• Certifications and courses in Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle databases is considered a strong asset.
• This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Applicants under considerations will be able to demonstrate:
• A deep level of knowledge and understanding of database technology, particularly with Oracle and MS SQL databases; IT infrastructure and security; and an ability to put in motion the subject matter into actions that greatly improve business operations.
• The Senior DBA will have highly effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Critical thinking, trouble shooting, and finding solutions to issues is key for success in this role.
• The incumbent will be able to work well with a team environment and be able to work under pressure on tight deadlines on high-priority items.
||December 16, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 12, 2021 04:30 PM