|Parks Labourer - Urban Forestry (Natural Areas)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 12, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||3644 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||We are looking for motivated and hardworking labourers who are interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry and habitat restoration field-based work. The Urban Forestry – Natural Areas team provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment.
||• Work in natural area parks throughout Surrey on a field-based crew under the supervision of senior staff.
• Complete a variety of manual and semi-skilled general labour tasks including:
o Invasive plant removal
o Planting maintenance (weeding/brushing/mulching)
o Planting native trees and shrubs
o Trail maintenance (vegetation pruning, leaf blowing, and tread repairs)
o Refuse and yard waste removal
o Tree debris clean-up
• Completing heavy physical work in all weather conditions, requiring sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination.
• Interact with the public in a professional manner.
||• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Have a valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Have experience performing manual labour.
• Have experience with power tools (brush saw, hedge trimmer, and backpack blowers) and hand tools (shovels, picks, hand snips, loppers, and hand saws).
• Demonstrate ability to identify native and invasive plants.
• Have strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
||January 11, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 12, 2021 04:30 PM