||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 11, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||3667 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||In support of the Procurement Services Section within the City’s Finance Department this position is responsible
for performing senior level full cycle purchasing work of a high level of complexity and technical nature. Work is
performed under minimal supervision and independent judgment is exercised as required in accordance with
City’s policies and procedures.
||• In conjunction with client Departments, assists in the preparation of high-level complex
specifications/requirements and related documents; assists in the preparation of criteria.
• Prepare and solicit tenders, proposals, and quotations, change orders and other project related
administrative documents on behalf of client departments.
• Prepares evaluation worksheets for distribution and facilitates the evaluation process.
• Independently, or in conjunction with client departments, performs reference checks, interviews suppliers,
negotiates satisfactory price discounts, terms, delivery methods and dates and related items.
• Process purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders. Maintains purchase orders and contracts to
reflect changes to requirements.
• Drafting of contracts/agreements, contract/agreement renewals, change orders, amendments and
extensions for presentation to internal clients and contractors, including other contract or project related
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks: including preparation of related business
correspondence and reports, maintain project status updates, and compiling documents for distribution.
• Maintaining a variety of stakeholder relationships, be customer-service focused and adaptable with a
proven track record for problem solving. In addition, proven communication skills, both written and verbal,
thorough knowledge of purchasing principles, practices and methods, contract law, risk management and
business procedures are required.
• Performs other duties as required.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of Year 3 of the Supply Chin Management
Professional (SCMP) program from Supply Chain Canada, or an equivalent combination of training and
related experience in purchasing.
• Considerable knowledge of the policies and procedures governing municipal purchasing.
• Valid BC Driver’s license with safe driving record.
In addition, our preferred candidate will have:
• Sound experience sourcing and purchasing a variety of goods and services of the type typically used in
a municipal setting or a suitable combination of training and experience.
• Sound knowledge of contract law, negotiation, and corporate insurance.
• Excellent organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in a time sensitive
||January 25, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 11, 2021 04:30 PM