|Web Specialist - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 9, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U018 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Web Specialist to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division, Corporate Communications Department. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, this unionized position will perform specialized communications work associated with the design, development and maintenance of corporate websites.
• Write, edit and produce web content and imagery and design/edit online communication templates such as images and banners
• Develop and design landing pages/new pages, menu items and blocks according to established style and visual guidelines and ensure property structure of content to established web design principles
• Review and modify web content on an regular basis, identify trends/issues and recommend improvements as required
• Liaises with staff in the development of appropriate web solutions to meet objectives
• Perform other related work as required
• Diploma in communications, graphic design, web design or a related discipline plus considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, materials and software used in the work
• Sound knowledge of the communications objectives and practices of the organization in relation to content for the website and related media
• Ability to develop, produce and edit a variety of written and graphic content for the website and monitor website content for adherence to standards
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and provide guidance/advice on matters related to the work
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: February 9, 2021
External closing date for this competition: February 9, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 1, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 9, 2021 04:30 PM