|Paralegal - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 23, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U019 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Paralegal to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division, Property Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Property Administration and Conveyancing, in this unionized position you will prepare legal documentation related to land transactions. This position requires considerable initiative and attention to detail.
• Process from start to finish all legal documents required for the purchase and sale of municipal land
• Obtain and review title searches, registered documents, contracts, leases and other legal documents in response to internal and external enquiries
• Draft contracts, agreements and land title charges from precedent
• Maintain the department filing system and provide monthly, quarterly, annual statistics and reports to various departments
• Process rent and other monthly/annual payments
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of a paralegal diploma program plus considerable related experience in conveyancing procedures or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of procedures, forms, documents and legal terminology governing the conveyance of property and other rights and interest in lands, including Land Titles registrations
• Working knowledge of the role of other municipal departments as related to the work performed
• Ability to prepare, review and process a variety of legal documents related to municipal land matters and transactions
• Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate will be considered an asset
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: February 18, 2021
External closing date for this competition: February 23, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 9, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 23, 2021 04:30 PM