|Sustainability Programs Specialist - #21-U092 - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 7, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U092 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Sustainability Programs Specialist to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Sustainability Department. Reporting to the Manager, Sustainability in this unionized position you will perform specialized technical and administrative work related to the development and implementation of programs, policies and initiatives in support of sustainability and land use planning for an energy efficient community.
• Research, plan, recommend and implement approved programs and initiatives to effect a measurable reduction in community waste, energy use, water consumption and/or greenhouse gas emissions
• Research, develop and recommend policies subject to council approval to support implementation of the Sustainability Charter and/or increase the sustainability of homes, developments, commercial buildings, neighbourhoods and communities
• Develop and recommend strategies for marketing existing Township programs to target demographics and develop partnerships with external agencies on programs of mutual benefit
• Work inter-divisionally with staff to review existing development policies and identify opportunities to improve energy efficiency in new neighbourhoods and meet the objectives of the Climate Action Strategy
• Provide support to the Energy Manager in the management of corporate energy use and greenhouse gas emissions
• Lead the Township’s participation in initiatives such as Earth Hour, Commuter Challenge, Bike to Work Week, Waste Reduction Week and community gardens
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Geography or a related discipline, certification in a field related to the work, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of principles, practices, strategies, technologies, objectives and systems as they relate to the work performed
• Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations, standards and policies applicable to the work
• Ability to research, develop, recommend and implement or coordinate programs, policies, strategies, initiatives and campaigns related to the work
• Ability to communicate effectively and participate in developing and recommending project funding sources
• Experience working in waste reduction, energy and water conservation and/or climate change planning is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: September 1, 2021
External closing date for this competition: September 7, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||August 24, 2021 08:30 AM
||September 7, 2021 04:30 PM