|Community Services Coordinator 2
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 8, 2021
at 11:59 PM
||4030 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||Recreation Surrey has been offering residents diverse recreational spaces and programs to meet the needs of our communities. Utilizing the City’s gyms, pools, multi-purpose rooms, and fitness spaces to offer a wide range of programs including preschools, after-school programs, fitness, aquatics, senior services, andy many more, in the form of drop-ins, register programs and special events. Our recreation facilities aim to keep our residents healthy, active, and engaged.
We’re currently looking for a Community Service Coordinator 2 for our recreation facilities to help deliver our wide range of programs. We are looking for the most qualified candidate who is versatile and flexible, and the portfolio will be determined based on the skills and knowledge of the successful candidate.
Work at this level is characterized by the significant scope and depth of financial and supervisory responsibility within a multi-functional and diversified facility and the high profile of community services responsibility. Demonstration of knowledge and ability to understand and perform at a high level, to move initiatives forward, understand the big picture, lead teams, and align with Recreation Surrey’s philosophies is key to being successful in this role.
||We’re looking for positive leaders who have a strong foundation and experience in creating and delivering recreation and sport programming in a range of community settings. You will lead staff and coordinate with other stakeholders to create and implement programs for a wide range of audiences, each with specific needs. You will oversee programming and facility operations ensuring safe, clean, and welcoming spaces for residents.
The role includes:
• Planning and implementing a diverse range of programs.
• Following safety processes to identify and correct unsafe conditions around the recreation facility, including equipment and program activity safety, including licensing requirements.
• Developing and administering annual budgets and grants including revenues and expenditures.
• Preparing reports as required including budget, operations, and grants.
• Working collaboratively with community stakeholders to enhance program and service delivery and offerings.
• Recruiting, supervising, and training staff and volunteers.
• Overseeing facility maintenance and operations/ training, scheduling, and overall maintenance of assets, including licensed program spaces.
The successful applicant must have a good understanding of community recreation programs, community engagement strategies and their purpose and objectives. Candidates must also possess experience in facility operations best practices as well as contract management.
||The successful candidate will have:
• Graduated from a recognized university or college level program.
• Four years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of recreation services or community development work.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||Please apply directly using the link, https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers, to job ID 4030.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
||August 24, 2021 08:30 AM
||September 8, 2021 11:59 PM