|Guard - Regular Part -Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 10, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U095 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular part-time Guard to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division, Front Counter/Cells Department. Reporting to the Police Operations Support Manager, in this unionized position you will perform custodial work involving responsibility for the guarding of prisoners held at the Langley Detachment.
• Maintain surveillance over prisoners to ensure their security and welfare, notifies the officer of any unusual occurrences
• Search and inspect cells before and after occupancy by prisoners
• Monitor cleaning by janitors, sweep, mop, hose and disinfect cells and immediate areas as required
• Maintain prisoner log book and a variety of files and records and assist members in processing prisoners, as required
• Perform other related duties, as required
• Completion of Grade 12 and some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the policies, practices, methods and procedures related to the control, custody, escorting and welfare of prisoners
• Sound knowledge of techniques for taking fingerprints and photographs as it relates to the work performed
• Ability to understand the needs and attitudes of prisoners and to deal with same in a firm, discreet and compassionate manner
• RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $23.91 - $28.00 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are eight hours per day, three (3) days per week with a two week rotation; Week one: Saturday, 10:00pm – 6:00am; Thursday, 9:00am – 5:00pm; Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm; Week two: Monday, 9:00am – 5:00pm; Tuesday, 9:00am – 5:00pm; Friday, 10:00pm – 6:00am; non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: September 3, 2021
External closing date for this competition: September 10, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||August 26, 2021 08:30 AM
||September 10, 2021 04:30 PM