|Park Technician - Landscape & Horticulture Operations
|*Please apply through the City of Surrey website at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers
Job ID: 4060
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 22, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||The Parks Division has a unique full-time job opportunity for someone who is interested in applying his/her varied experience and skills in the field of landscape and horticulture maintenance.
||In this role you will perform hands on field work in all weather conditions, operate various tools and equipment, prepare annual and seasonal work plans for assigned responsibility area, based on section goals and objectives; perform field-work in accordance with accepted standards, techniques and practices; manage programs and projects within approved budgets; administer contracts for work within the Parks Division.
Typical duties would include, but not limited to: maintenance of horticulture beds, frontage roads, traffic islands & medians, turf grass maintenance and irrigation repair, litter control and debris removal, designing and planting seasonal horticulture displays. These duties would be carried out at public buildings, city parks, and destination gardens within the City of Surrey.
The successful applicant is able to work independently as well as in a team environment; is a logical and analytical thinker in problem-solving situations; has superior, public relations, interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
||You must have:
• Completion of a Horticulture Diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of three years related experience, OR
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a Horticultural Trades Qualification, supplemented by three years of related progressive experience. OR
• Completion of Grade 12 and a Horticultural Technical Certificate Program (one year full-time) from a recognized post-secondary institution, with additional related academic courses and training including at least one credit course in each of supervision and technical writing, supplemented by four years of related progressive experience. OR
• An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
||As well you have a:
• Valid B.C. driver's license
• Pesticide applicator’s license
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||September 8, 2021 08:30 AM
||September 22, 2021 04:30 PM