|Victim Support Worker - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 26, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U102 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Client Support and Victim Services Section
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Victim Support Worker to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division, Client Support and Victim Services Section. Reporting to the Client Support and Victim Services Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for crisis intervention services.
• Attend the scene of police crisis call-outs and provide emotional support to victims and witnesses of crime and trauma
• Provide information to victims on agencies available to provide assistance and liaise as required
• Inform clients of the progress of court cases and conduct court orientations
• Accompany clients to court, provide information and referrals to appropriate agencies and establish and maintain client files
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in the field of social science including sociology, psychology, criminology or a related discipline, plus considerable related experience in a police environment, victim services program, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the rules and regulations governing program activities and the practices and techniques of crisis intervention
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and terminology used in documenting client contacts and maintaining related files and sound knowledge of available community resources
• Prepare records related to the work as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Enhanced reliability status (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 - $35.68 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm; Thursday 12:00pm – 8:00pm and are subject to change. After hours standby will be assigned on a rotational basis; non-standard hours and or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: September 21, 2021
External closing date for this competition: September 26, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 13, 2021 08:30 AM
||September 26, 2021 04:30 PM