|Recreation Worker III (General Instructor - Sports, Arts and Crafts, Dance, Gymnastics, Skating)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 26, 2021
at 11:55 PM
||21-B010 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation Programs and Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting on an ongoing basis for auxiliary Recreation Worker III – General Instructors (Sport, Arts and Crafts, Dance, Gymnastics, and Skating) to join our team of professionals Recreation Division.
Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, in this unionized position you will provide leadership and instruction for a variety of recreation programs and activities.
• Provide guidance, assistance and general leadership duties according to the nature and requirements of the program
• Assist a superior in planning assigned recreational programs and provide instruction in the activities, as directed
• Promote interest and enthusiasm in recreation programs and ensure safe and proper use of equipment and facilities
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 10 with a preference for certification in Sports or Early Childhood Education (Pre-School) and some related instructional experience in a recreational environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of program content on assigned programs and activities Ability to organize, lead, instruct, participate and assist program participants
• Ability to establish and communicate effectively with program participants, volunteers, recreation staff and the general public
• Ability to prepare and maintain records related to program progress
• One-year program leadership experience, National Coaching Certification, High Five and Fundamental Movement Skills Certifications are considered assets
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $22.09 - $25.82 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work vary and are based on an as-needed basis, dependent on program registration; Non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/External closing date for this competition: November 26, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 21, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 26, 2021 11:55 PM