|Building Service Worker - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 26, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-B012 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley recruiting for auxiliary Building Service Workers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facility Operations And Maintenance Supervisor, in this unionized position you will perform custodial, janitorial and minor maintenance tasks on an assigned shift at a variety of municipal facilities.
• Sweep, wash, wax, and polish floors and related areas
• Wash hand basins, sinks, toilets, tile work and replenish supplies in washroom facilities
• Clean windows, doors, surfaces and perform minor maintenance and repair work
• Answer enquiries and provide routine information and assistance to the public as required
• Work with minimal supervision and assist in ensuring for building security
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 and some related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in janitorial work
• Knowledge of the principles used in the operation of heating, ventilation units and building maintenance/minor repairs
• Ability to perform simple repair and maintenance tasks on building and heating units
• Ability to communicate effectively and politely with internal and external contacts
• Building Service Worker course is considered an asset
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $23.91 - $28.00 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 26, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 23, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 26, 2021 04:30 PM