|Arena and Faciilty Service Worker 2 - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
October 19, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U108 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Arena and Facility Service Worker 2 to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Manager, Facilities in this unionized position, you will perform a combination of operational, supervisory and technical maintenance for a variety of municipal ice arenas and facilities.
• Plan, assign and participate in the work of a small group of employees involved in facilities maintenance
• Operate refrigeration, ice-making and related equipment and perform daily routine inspections of the equipment including temperature controls, meter and record readings
• Perform routine repairs and minor maintenance to ice resurfacing and edging equipment
• Prepare minor cost estimates and specifications and assist tradespersons in repairs and facilities maintenance projects
• Participate in planning and the coordination of facility maintenance shutdowns as required
• Identify general maintenance issues and perform the necessary repairs, or recommend a course of action
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus considerable experience in the operation and maintenance of ice and building equipment, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of materials, methods tools and equipment used in ice-making, ice resurfacing, janitorial, custodial, arena, facility and recreational work
• Sound knowledge of the operations, rules, bylaws and regulations governing the work performed
• Ability to plan, assign, check, schedule and supervise the work of a small group of employees
• Ability to provide advice, assistance, information and direction to a variety of arena and facility users in a concise, courteous and tactful manner
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust and requires a Police Information
Check (Note - not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
• BC Refrigeration Operator’s Certificate or equivalent
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $29.12 - $34.27 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Sunday to Thursday 7:00am – 3:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 7, 2021
External closing date for this competition: October 19, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 28, 2021 08:30 AM
||October 19, 2021 04:30 PM