|*To apply, please visit https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers
Job ID: 3965
||City of Surrey
||This is a specialized, complex, clerical position, responsible for the processing of all aspects of payroll in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Considerable responsibility and independence of action is exercised, working within set guidelines.
||As a Payroll Technician, you will:
• Collect data.
• Process and distribute timely bi-weekly payroll payments.
• Reconcile accounts and maintain accurate payroll records.
• Administer corporate policies.
• Check payroll material and data submitted for conformity with legislation, regulations, agreements and procedures.
• Prepare accurate payroll documents and complete assignments by required deadlines.
||Qualified applicants will have:
• Completed Grade 12.
• A minimum 5 years recent payroll experience in a large computerized setting, the last 3 being in positions of significant complexity and responsibility.
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification through Canadian Payroll Association or equivalent.
||You are able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, work in a team setting and have good organizational and time-management skills. In addition, you are able to perform and succeed under the pressure of deadlines. You will also have good knowledge of current payroll and benefit law, issues, processes and systems. You will also possess good working knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping, mainframe computer and PC applications, including Excel and Word for Windows.
||This position requires completion of a Police Information Check. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||October 8, 2021 08:30 AM
||December 8, 2021 04:30 PM