|Utilities Maintenance Worker (up to 20) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
October 27, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U119 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 20 temporary full-time Utility Maintenance Workers (from approx. January 24, 2022 to approx. December 23, 2022) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Utilities Operations Department. Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will assist in water works and/or sanitary sewer operations, maintenance and repair tasks while exercising independent judgement, initiative and using safe work practices.
• Install watermains and fittings to grade
• Build valve chambers, manholes, catch basins
• Tap water mains for service connections and installing
• Install shoring, check service gauges, repair valves and perform routine maintenance on hydrants
• Maintenance of pump stations and mobile generators
• Conduct unidirectional watermain flushing operations including testing water for chlorine content and adding dechlorination tablets as appropriate
• Perform related work, as required
• Lift station wet well cleaning and maintenance
• Station and force main air valve maintenance
• Blowdown, valve and fan maintenance
• Sanitary sewage pump and storm water pump maintenance
• Lift station and mobile generator maintenance
• Sanitary sewage gravity main inspection and maintenance
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by training courses and sound experience in water or sewer construction and maintenance tasks, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of methods, practices, tools and equipment used in waterworks and sanitary sewer operation, repair and maintenance tasks related to the work performed
• Considerable knowledge of the hazards, safety precautions and standards applicable to the work performed
• Ability to assist in semi-skilled waterworks/sanitary sewer operation, repair and maintenance tasks
• Skill in the use and care of a wide variety of tools and equipment used in the work
• BC Driver’s License Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or higher is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License with Heavy Trailer Endorsement (Code 20) is required for Water Utilities positions
• EOCP Water Distribution - Level 1 (water positions)
• EOCP Wastewater Collection – Level 1 (sewer positions)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.83 per hour (2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 20, 2021
External closing date for this competition: October 7, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 13, 2021 08:30 AM
||October 27, 2021 04:30 PM