|Utility Worker - Parks - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
October 21, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U120 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Utility Worker - Parks to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations department. Reporting to the Manager, Parks Operations, in this unionized position you will perform semi-skilled parks facilities, maintenance, repair and construction work.
• Perform repair, maintenance and minor construction tasks on trails and municipal park buildings and facilities
• Check playground equipment for damage and ensure safe operation according to established guidelines
• Erect/dismantle sports and playground equipment and recommend installation of new equipment or parts as required
• Winterize washrooms facilities and field houses, maintain heating systems, lubricate furnace motors/fans and clean or replace filters
• Read and implement manufacturers' maintenance and safety provisions related to playground equipment
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 and sound experience in parks operations and maintenance tasks or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials and tools used in parks maintenance and operations
• Ability to understand and carry out oral/written instructions and maintain records as required
• Skill in a wide variety of parks operations including construction, maintenance and gardening tasks
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Valid BC Class 5 (full privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) obtained within 6 months of the competition closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. A copy of your Driver’s License or Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
• CPRA – Certified Playground Inspector Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.89 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are eight (8) hours per day; 40 hours per week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 21, 2021
External closing date for this competition: October 21, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 13, 2021 08:30 AM
||October 21, 2021 04:30 PM