|Communications Specialist (Community Services Coordinator 2)
|*To apply please visit our careers webpage at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers
Job ID: 4143
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 12, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||The City’s Corporate Marketing and Communications Division is currently seeking a seasoned Communications Specialist to provide communications planning and professional services to guide marketing campaigns for key initiatives, services, programs, and events. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within a team to support account services for strategic planning, writing, media relations, research, and content development across various channels.
||In this role you will:
• Develop and write communications strategies, marketing plans, creative briefs, and key messaging in support of city goals and priorities.
• Provide communications advice to internal clients to steer city branding, public engagement, the marketing mix, advertising, and communications best practice.
• Support earned media strategy and planning for internal business units including pitching stories and preparing media materials.
• Prepare ad copy, white papers, media releases, speaking notes, presentations, website content, video scripts, editorial content, and other written material.
• Advise and support city sponsorship initiatives and best practices.
• Coordinate all components of assigned communications campaigns including project management, coms planning, critical paths, creative development, coordinate collateral material, marketing metrics and production.
• Work closely with the digital coms team to ensure streamlined messaging and content alignment across digital and non-digital channels.
• Execute projects and initiatives on-time and within scope and budget.
• Prepare and execute RFPs and RFQs as needed.
• Coordinate and conduct market research, market surveys and customer feedback.
• Support award submissions on successful projects.
• Support staff training and internal awareness of communications best practices.
||• Completed a university or college level program in a related discipline (preferably public relations, communications or marketing) supplemented by three to five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Considerable knowledge of communications principles, practices, methods and techniques.
• Considerable proven experience in communications planning, campaign management, brand management and writing.
• A proven collaborator and team player who can work alongside digital specialists, graphic designers, videographers, and other professionals.
• A proven ability to provide qualified and confident advisory services to internal clients to guide communications, public relations, and community engagement approaches.
• Ability to lead projects and oversee the work of junior staff and consultants.
• A demonstrated ability to work independently and professionally in a large-scale organization.
• Significant expertise, judgement, decision-making ability and a broad understanding of organizational culture, priorities, and business.
• An effective communicator both orally and in writing.
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||October 13, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 12, 2021 04:30 PM