|Telecommunications Operator II - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
October 31, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U122 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Telecommunications Operator II to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division, Telecommunications Department. Reporting to the Telecommunications Supervisor, in this unionized position you will be responsible for receiving requests for police services.
• Receive requests for police services, determine the nature and priority of each request and if attendance by a unit is required
• Assign unit(s) to attend as appropriate according to the area, the priority of the call and the number/type of units available
• Provide situation data and handle high priority calls as required
• Elicit details on the incident/complaint from the caller, complete the appropriate report and enter complaint details in the PRIME system
• Access CPIC using the PRIME system to enquire on the status of a vehicle license plate or other matter related to a report
• Perform related duties as required
• Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by standard commercial subjects and courses in keyboard operation
• Completion of a training program designated by the detachment and some related experience, preferably in law enforcement or public safety communications, including some experience as a Telecommunications Operator I or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Working knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, the Motor Vehicle Act, and other appropriate bylaws and regulations
• Skill in the operation of radio, telephone, CPIC, PRIME, and related equipment requiring dual monitor multi-mode communication is essential.
• Ability to operate various police and standard office systems with speed and accuracy, including PRIME, PoliceCAD, and CPIC
• RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 - $35.68 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are four days on/four days off (2 days and 2 nights) 7:00am – 7:00pm; 7:00pm – 7:00am; non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 29, 2021
External closing date for this competition: October 31, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 21, 2021 08:30 AM
||October 31, 2021 04:30 PM