|Arena and Facility Service Worker 1 - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 26, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-B014 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for auxiliary Arena and Facility Service Worker 1’s to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Manager, Facilities in this unionized position, you will operate ice-making, resurfacing and related equipment related to the operations maintenance of a variety of municipal facilities and ice arenas.
• Operate ice-making, re-surfacing and related equipment and perform daily routine inspections of the equipment including meter and record readings
• Ensure that requirements and quality of ice is maintained and monitor energy usage to ensure equipment and facilities are operating in compliance with municipal standards and regulations
• Assist tradespersons in repairs, tasks and facilities maintenance projects
• Identify general facility and maintenance issues and perform necessary repairs or make recommendations as required
• Perform janitorial/custodial duties such as cleaning public areas, respond to service requests and ensure that facilities are maintained
• Provide assistance to user groups/public and enforce the rules and regulations governing the facility maintenance operations
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus sound experience in the operation and maintenance of ice and building equipment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of materials, methods tools and equipment used in ice-making, ice resurfacing, janitorial, custodial, arena, facility and recreational work
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust and requires a Police Information
Check (Note - not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Ice Facility Operator Certificate or equivalent
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $26.89 - $31.60 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/external closing date for this competition: November 26, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 21, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 26, 2021 04:30 PM