|Community Services Assistant 5
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 3, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||Recreation Surrey has been offering residents diverse recreational spaces and programs to meet the needs of our communities. As a HIGH FIVE® registered organization; the City of Surrey is committed to ensuring that every child in our programs has a positive recreation experience. Our licensed Before and After Care and Preschool programs incorporate outdoor play, engaging, responsive activities, a fun atmosphere, while promoting safe, nurturing, healthy and positive environments for children within our care.
||The Community Services Assistant 5 is responsible for the overall planning, development, and implementation of childcare programs, while providing leadership and day to day operations of Before and After School Care and Preschool programs in the community. Duties of this role include:
• Hiring, scheduling, development and supervising Before and After School Care and Preschool program staff.
• Supporting staff in the delivery of high-quality programming that is aligned with healthy child development philosophies and regulatory compliance.
• Programming and implementation of Before and After School and Preschool programs at several locations including both civic facilities and elementary schools.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, participant families, volunteers, staff, external partners and the public.
• Being flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments and situations
• Performs other related duties as required and requested.
||Before and after School Care, Preschool are Licensed programs and the following are requirements of the position as per the Community Care and Assisted Living Act – Child Care Licensing Regulation:
Responsible adults (29)
To qualify for employment in a community care facility as a responsible adult, a person must:
• Be at least 19 years of age;
• Be able to provide care and mature guidance to children;
• Have completed a course, or a combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, and;
• Have relevant work experience.
Additionally, the Community Services Assistant 5 will have:
• Graduated from a recognized university or college level program.
• A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in recreation including supervision.
• Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificates.
• High Five certification.
• Knowledge of computer applications.
• An equivalent combination training and experience may be considered.
||If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 4169.
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||October 26, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 3, 2021 04:30 PM