||Village of Harrison Hot Springs
This posting closed on
November 9, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||The Village of Harrison Hot Springs is seeking a full time Accounting Clerk
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Officer, the incumbent in this position shall assist management in achieving efficient operation of the Village through outstanding performance in payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other related accounting and financial related functions while observing and complying with municipal policies. The individual must demonstrate initiative and make decisions of a routine and procedural nature within the scope of the position.
||The incumbent will be required to perform the tasks and duties assigned on a continuing basis, including:
• Payroll: responsible for processing and reconciling all payroll related transactions and information, including yearend processes
• Accounts Payable: responsible for processing and reconciling all accounts payable related transactions and information.
• Utilities: responsible for the utility subsystem, including reconciliations and preparation of utility billings.
• Accounts Receivable: responsible for the accounts receivable subsystem, including reconciliations and issuing of invoices
• Property Taxes: assists with the property tax subsystem, including reconciliations, remittances, and preparation of tax notices, eHOG and online payment services
• Other monthly reconciliations: sub-ledger clearing accounts, suspense and other miscellaneous receivable/payable accounts as requested.
• Prepare journal entries as required
||o Minimum Grade 12 education supplemented by successful completion of an approved Accounting program from a recognized institution
o Certification as a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) with the Canadian Payroll Association
o Minimum four (4) years of related experience
o An equivalent combination of training and experience
||Current wage rate is $33.23 (2021) Plus Benefits package
||Hours of work will consist of 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
||495 Hot Springs Road, Box 160
Harrison Hot Springs BC V0M 1K0
||October 26, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 9, 2021 04:30 PM