|Document Management Clerk (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
November 10, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||2021-97 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class will be responsible for the Document Management System for the City's operation.
||Duties and responsibilities will vary in degree of responsibility and complexity, requiring the incumbent to exercise judgment and common sense. The incumbent will be responsible for opening, scanning, indexing, assigning appropriate file numbers and forwarding to the appropriate department/agency for action; filing and maintaining Corporate Services Department correspondence; maintaining, updating and controlling City file structure; coordinating with other departments the assignment of file numbers and maintenance of document records. The incumbent will assist management in the preparation and enforcement of records management policies. The incumbent will consult with representatives of other departments to assist them in developing practices for the use of the electronic document management system. The incumbent will operate the Citys Records Archive in accordance with City policy, checking records in/out, coordinating retention procedures, issuing referrals and preparing associated Staff Reports to Council, as required. The incumbent will type a variety of correspondence/material from copies, rough notes, drafts, dictaphone or by general instruction. The incumbent will perform receptionist duties, providing a variety of assistance to the general public over the telephone or at the receptionist counter. The incumbent will perform building security checks, as required. The incumbent will be required to perform other related tasks, as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Director of Corporate Services.
||Must have a minimum of grade 12 education augmented with courses in records management office practice and filing systems, OR an acceptable combination of training and experience.
|| - Superior knowledge of the use of electronic document management systems, document imaging software, batch feed document scanners and other associated hardware and software;
- Sound knowledge of Municipal business practices;
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation;
- Sound knowledge of the use of personal computers and office software;
- Sound knowledge of the LGMA filing system, procedures and practices;
- Good knowledge of the use of computer file systems and associated utilities;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures;
- Able to operate a variety of standard office equipment, including the word processor;
- Able to be polite, courteous and tactful in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to work independently, exercising sound judgment and common sense;
- Able to maintain and control a filing system and records archive system;
- Able to type accurately;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with elected and department officials and other members of staff.
||8550 Young Road
||October 28, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 10, 2021 04:30 PM