|Senior Network Administrator (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
November 10, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||2021-96 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||In this position, the senior network administrator works with team members to design and oversee server-side elements of the organization’s network infrastructure. This can include installing network-wide security protection software, developing firewalls, configuring servers, patch management, log file review and investigations.
||To be successful, you must have a sound knowledge of network security, hardware and software; how to setup and program network switches, routers, firewalls and other networking equipment; studying new innovations in network administration techniques, keeping informed of advances of technology and equipment; assisting in networking infrastructure improvements and in the design of new systems.
||- Must have a bachelor’s degree in information systems or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institute plus a minimum of 6 years related experience; hold a CCNP certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Advanced understanding of computing science including server architecture, file structures, networking, data backup procedures, fibre optics, firewalls, VPN routers, VoIP phone systems, virtualized networking, storage networks, endpoint security, mobile device management (MDM), Wi-Fi access points, disaster recovery (DR) strategies and business continuity;
- Able to analyze network security procedures and recommend improvements or alterations as required;
- Ability to qualify for, and maintain, the required security clearance for the position. Failure on the part of the employee to satisfy this requirement will necessitate the removal of that employee from this position;
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's Licence;
||The ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge and hands-on working experience, with the following technologies:
- Microsoft (Server, Exchange, Group Policy, RDS, DNS, Active Directory)
- Updates (Ivanti/Shavlik)
- Backups (Veeam, Dell EMC Avamar Data Protection)
- VMWare (ESX, vCenter)
- Storage (Dell EMC Data Domain, Dell Compellent Storage)
- Network Switching (Cisco)
- Firewalls (Checkpoint, Palo Alto)
- Voice (Cisco VoIP)
- Meraki (Firewall, Wi-Fi AP and MDM)
- Certification in one of more of the following is desirable: VMware VCA/VCP, CCNA or CCNP, MCSA or MCSE.
||The City of Chilliwack is proud to be a competitive employer, offering opportunities for professional development, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages, and a focus on corporate wellness.
||8550 Young Road
||October 29, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 10, 2021 04:30 PM