|Recreation Attendant II (up to 2) - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 9, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U127 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation - Administration and Business Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two Recreation Attendant II’s to join our team of professionals in the Recreation Division. Reporting to the Manager, Administration and Business Services, in this unionized position you will perform customer and facility support work at a variety of municipal facilities.
• Lead, assign, review and participate in the routine work of a small group of Recreation Attendant I’s and Recreation Cashiers
• Provide positive and excellent customer service and perform clerical work of a lead hand nature
• Operate a point of sale system, receive, reconcile payments and prepare a daily revenue report and deposit slips
• Open and/or close the recreation facility, carry out routine patrols of the facility and assume responsibility for security as required
• Perform routine maintenance tasks and related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 with sound related experience dealing with the public or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the standard methods of recording, receiving and reconciling payments
• Sound knowledge of the Township of Langley and the various programs and services provided
• Ability to assign, review, lead and participate in the work of a small group of employees
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public under varying conditions
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $24.85 - $29.12 per hour (2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are 35 hours per week and there are two positions with the following work hour patterns.
Position #1 Shift Pattern:
Hours of work are Tuesday, 11:15am – 7:15pm; Wednesday, 11:00am – 7:00pm; Thursday and Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm; Friday, 1:15pm – 9:15pm; non-standard and/or non-standard work week.
Position #2 Shift Pattern:
Hours of work are Sunday, 7:45am – 3:45pm; Monday 10:00am – 6:00pm; Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm; Thursday, 11:00am – 7:00pm; non-standard and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 9, 2021
External closing date for this competition: November 9, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 1, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 9, 2021 04:30 PM