|Recreation Programmer - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
November 9, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U128 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation Programs and Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Recreation Programmer with an aquatics focus and background preferred to join our team of professionals in the Recreation Division, Recreation Programs and Services Department. Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, in this unionized position you will plan, coordinate and schedule the Township’s aquatics, recreation, and fitness activities for all ages. This position requires a strong background in all types of aquatics and recreation programming, planning and working with community groups.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and evaluate activities and special events in a multi-use facility
• Recruit, hire, schedule, train, and evaluate staff, volunteers, and contract workers
• Requisition supplies and equipment and ensure equipment maintenance schedules are consistently maintained
• Promote and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, organizations, and groups with a special interest in assigned programs
• Provide information on community recreation programs to interested groups and individuals and attend community meetings as required
• Assist in the preparation, monitoring, and oversight of program budgets
• University graduation in recreation or a related discipline or completion of a certificate program in community recreation, or a related discipline at a recognized institution supplemented by courses related to the area of assignment, and several years’ experience including experience in the area of assignment
• Sound knowledge of the principles, philosophy, objectives and the means to develop and administer recreation, aquatics, and fitness programs and events with a particular emphasis on program areas assigned
• Knowledge of social, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of the particular target group(s) assigned and the methods of determining those needs
• Teaching techniques in one or more of the following areas: amateur sports, physical fitness, arts and crafts, aquatics, arenas, social and cultural, ethnic, for all ages and abilities
• National Lifeguard Pool certification, Water Safety Instructor certification, Standard First Aid and experience in aquatics, programming recreation, fitness and public recreation are considered assets
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) with your application that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date of this competition. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license or the Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Emergency First Aid and CPR with AED certification
The rate of pay for this CUPE position is $31.60 - $37.18 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are 80 hours over a two week period including evenings and weekends; non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 9, 2021
External closing date for this competition: November 9, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 1, 2021 08:30 AM
||November 9, 2021 04:30 PM